Ottershaw Village Hall
- About this policy
- This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our Committee Members, Employees, Hirers, Donors and Supporters, how we use it and how we keep it secure and your rights in relation to it.
- We may collect, use and store your personal data, as described in this Data Protection Policy and as described when we collect data from you.
- We reserve the right to amend this Data Protection Policy from time to time without prior notice. You are advised to check our website (ottershawvillagehall.org.uk) or in our newsletters for any amendments. Amendments will not be made retrospectively.
- We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Further details on the GDPR can be found on the website of the Information Commissioner (ico.gov.uk). For the purposes of the GDPR, we will be the “controller” of all personal data we hold about you.
- Who we are
- We are Ottershaw Village Hall. We can be contacted through the Hall Administrator by email email@example.com.
- What information we collect and why
|Type of information||Purpose||Legal basis for processing|
|Trustees’ and Committee Members’ title, name, address, telephone number(s), email address(es), date of birth, start and end date of service..||Overall management of Ottershaw Village Hall as a charity.||For the purposes of Ottershaw Village Hall’s legitimate interests in the continued operation of the Hall.|
|Employees’ title, name, address, telephone number(s), email address(es), bank details, National Insurance number.||Routine management of Ottershaw Village Hall and enabling payment of wages.||For the performance of contracts between Ottershaw Village Hall and its employees.|
|Hirers’ title, name(s), address(es), telephone number(s), email address(es), bank details (if voluntarily given), financial transactions.||Maintaining Ottershaw Village Hall’s finances and receiving payments for the hiring of the Hall.||For the performance of or for entering into contracts between hirers and Ottershaw Village Hall.
For the legal obligation of maintaining Ottershaw Village Hall’s financial records and charitable status.
For the purpose of Ottershaw Village Hall’s legitimate interests in the continued operation of the Hall.
|Donors’ and Supporters’ title, name, address, telephone number(s), email address(es), bank details (all if voluntarily given).||For recording charitable income and enabling communication with donors.||For the legal obligation of maintaining Ottershaw Village Hall’s financial records and charitable status.
For the purpose of Ottershaw Village Hall’s legitimate interests of enabling events to be managed and maintaining contact with supporters of the charity.
|Articles for publication, photographs and videos of Committee Members, Donors, Supporters and regular Hirers.||For use in Ottershaw Village Hall’s publicity and promotional material through various print and digital media.||The data subject’s granted consent. The data subject’s consent will be sought at as early an opportunity as possible. The data subject may withdraw their consent at any time by contacting us by e-mail or letter.|
- Personal data protection
- We will not knowingly store your personal data outside the EEA.
- We utilise widely accepted implementations of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse or unauthorised access, alteration or destruction.
- Please note however that while we will endeavour to protect your personal data appropriately, security can never be 100% guaranteed.
- We will notify you as soon as practicable in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to risk.
- Third parties
- We will never sell your personal data. We will not share your personal data with any third parties without your consent (which you are free to withhold) except if required to do so by law, as set out in the table above or in paragraph 5.2 below.
- We may pass your personal data to third parties who are service providers, agents and subcontractors to us for the purpose of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (e.g. printing, cloud storage, accounting). However, we would disclose only the personal data that is necessary for the third party to deliver the service and we will have a contract in place that requires them to keep your personal information secure and not to use it for their own purposes.
- Data retention
- We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as your association with the Hall and for as long afterwards as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations. We will review your personal data every year to establish whether we are still entitled to process it. If we decide that we are not entitled to do so, we will stop processing your personal data except that we will retain your personal data in an archived form in order to be able to comply with future legal obligations, e.g. compliance with the maintenance of our status as a charity, and the exercise or defence of legal claims.
- We securely destroy all financial information once we have used it and no longer need it.
- Your rights
- You have the right under the GDPR:
- To access your personal data;
- To be provided with information about how your personal data is processed;
- To have your personal data corrected;
- To have your personal data erased in certain circumstances;
- To object to or restrict how your personal data is processed;
- To have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances.
- You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner:
0303 123 1113
Information Commissioners Office
For more details, questions or comments: please contact:
Ottershaw Village Hall Management Committee