Q & A

Q. Can I view the Hall before I book it?
A. Yes, contact the Hall Administrator, who will be pleased to arrange an
appointment for you to view.
The Hall Administrator can be contacted on 07704 835543
e-mail enquiries@ottershawvillagehall.org.uk ,
or write to:
Ottershaw Village Hall, Brox Road, Ottershaw, Surrey, KT16 OHG.

Q. How much does it cost?
A.  Our standard hire charges throughout the week are £25 per hour
Discounted Rates are available for Regular Users.

Q. How many people can the Hall take?
A. The licensed maximum capacity is 150 people.
In the main Hall, for watching staged entertainment, there is seating
for up to 100 people in rows of 10; or approximately 80 people when
seated around tables.
The meeting room seats to 35 people seated in rows or 16 people
around a central table

Q. What is the size of the Hall?
A. The overall dimensions of the main hall are approximately 33 feet
(10 metres) long and 24 feet (7.5 metres) wide. The absolute
maximum usable height of the Hall is 11ft  (3.3 metres).

Q. What facilities does the Hall have?
A. The Main Hall has a solid wood floor and raised stage at one end.
There is a separate meeting room with a connecting door to the Main Hall.
There is a fitted kitchen, toilets and rear stage area.
Lockers are available for rent for regular users.
There is Free car parking (capacity in excess of 40 cars) available in the local
authority car park which is opposite the Hall on Murray Road.
The fitted kitchen has a double oven and seperate electric hob,
microwave and a Fridge/Freezer. There is a stock of crockery and cutlery.
The kitchen also has a large capacity boiling water dispenser.

Q. Are tables and chairs available and included in the booking price?
A. Yes, go-pac folding tables and stacking chairs, which can be laid out to  your
preferred floor plan, are provided free to users. The hirer is responsible for
setting them out and must stack them away following the instructions provided,
after the event.

Q. Can we have a Bouncy Castle?
A. Yes, but please double check the dimensions of both the fully inflated Bouncy
Castle and the Hall, before making your bookings.

Q. Can we play music in the Hall?
A. The Hall subscribes to a PRS (Performing Rights Society) licence, allowing
you to play copyright music at no extra charge.
However, no amplified music is allowed in the Hall after 6.00pm Mon-Thurs or
Sundays, or after 7.00pm on Friday/Saturdays, without permission from the management committee.
The hall has a PA system which can play music from portable music players via the headset jack plug.
The Hall is also licensed for other entertainment including plays and dancing

Q. Can we have a disco or live band?
A.The hirer shall use the Hall’s PA system for ALL amplified music, unless agreed otherwise by the Hall Administrator. In general performances by live bands will not be permitted.
Any independently provided amplified music shall be powered from the sockets on the stage, which are controlled by a noise limiter.
See hire regulations for more details.

Q. Can we have alcohol at our event?
A.  Yes, alcohol is allowed to be consumed on the premises ( ‘bring your own’ ),
but cannot be sold. To sell alcohol at an event you must first apply for
a temporary license. Such applications MUST be made in conjunction with,
and with prior permission of, the Hall’s administration, Management Committee
and Trustees, prior to booking the Hall. Please also see hire regulations.
The administration of a temporary license may incur additional costs.

Q. Do I need insurance for my event or use of the Hall.
A.  It is advisable that you ensure you are independently fully and adequately
covered by insurance, in particular with respect to regular user groups, and third
party / public liability insurance.

Q. I have heard about Ottershaw Village Hall’s improvement and fundraising
projects, I want to help, what can I do?
A. You can help financially by making donations.
Ottershaw Village Hall also needs support in kind; if you would like to join
the committee, have any ideas for fundraising events, or any other skills
or relevant knowledge, please contact our chairman, or any
other member of the Management Committee (see Contact Us).

Q. Can I start my own club or group at Ottershaw Village Hall?
A. Yes, we encourage all and any use of the Hall: local groups, youth groups,
disadvantaged or minority groups, senior citizens, etc. We seek to
support local community activities, and there are substantial
discounts in letting rates for frequent and regular users.